[Llvm-bgq-discuss] missing debugging symbols

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Aug 9 23:29:28 CDT 2014

On 08/09/2014 10:26 PM, Hal Finkel wrote:
> [...]

thanks Hal.  so bgclang is generating dwarf4?  then one would need
gdb-7.5.1 or newer (but if one is going to build gdb today, then why not
7.8...)

==rob

  I really need to package up a version for bgclang (with the QPX
patches), but I've not done that yet. Aside from QPX support, a stock
gdb will work (I have one in /home/hfinkel/install/gdb/bin/gdb on vesta,
and you're welcome to use that if convenient). Packaging a recent gdb
with bgclang is on my TODO list for the next bgclang release which
should be coming within the next two weeks.

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA