[Llvm-bgq-discuss] mpich wiki - bgclang information

Michael Blocksome blocksom at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 3 09:56:27 CST 2014

Hal,

That's a loaded question ... :)

I have a sandbox version of pami that fixes up the build system to use the
de facto standard "autoconf && configure && make && make install" build
process, but it has been difficult for me to find time to integrate this
with our internal pami git repository because the PE product is still
building from the master branch - so there is much to do to make sure the
product builds do not break during any transition. I don't really want to
push the new build system as a separate public branch because then we will
be in dual maintenance mode - to pick up bug fixes from the PE development
team.

Anyway .. in this sandbox version of pami I was able to compile with the
four compilers specified on that mpich wiki page (gnu 4.4.6, gnu 4.7.2,
ibm xl, bgclang). That was last summer though ... :)

Michael Blocksome
Parallel Environment MPI Middleware Team Lead, TCEM
POWER, x86, and Blue Gene HPC Messaging
blocksom at us.ibm.com