[Llvm-bgq-discuss] Status of OpenMP support in BG/Q

Jeff Hammond jhammond at anl.gov
Thu Feb 6 11:24:42 CST 2014

In general, ALCF finds that -O5 is not worthwhile and often worse than
-O3.  The only exceptions of which we are aware are when the user has
tuned the code to an extreme degree - e.g. manual unrolling, blocking
for cache, vector intrinsics.

I would strongly encourage you to let IBM know that you're abandoning
it due to their lack of C++11 support.  It is important for them to
understand that their development model for XLC on Blue Gene harms
users in significant ways.

Jeff