[Llvm-bgq-discuss] Problems with binaries compiled with anything else than -O0

Thomas Heller thom.heller at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 16:32:29 CDT 2014

Hi List,

We are currently trying to streamline our BGQ support for HPX. As it turns
out, our builds segfault at right at the beginning in some static
initialization segment of a dynamic library when compiling our code with -O3
(in fact, anything else above -O0 leads to the same segfault). Everything
works splendid when doing the same with -O0. Unfortunately, I was not able to
extract a simple enough testcase to reproduce the problem yet. I was wondering
if there is a list of compile flags added when going from -O0 to -O1 which
might be the culprit. I am running out of ideas here... I was thinking about
LTO, but it is not explicitly enabled in our builds.

Hope someone can help,
Thomas