[Llvm-bgq-discuss] total view with clang bgq

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu May 1 16:41:31 CDT 2014

I am finding that any projects I compile using the clang tools are undebuggable using total view

Unable to load /gpfs/bbp.cscs.ch/home/biddisco/bgas/clang/build/bgqhdf/bin/hg_test_rpc: /gpfs/bbp.cscs.ch/home/biddisco/bgas/clang/build/bgqhdf/bin/hg_test_rpc is an invalid or incompatible executable file format for the target platform.
<

If I compile the same stuff with gcc, totalview debugs them fine.

Are there any magic settings I can tweak that will make totalview a happy bunny again? (or any idea what is causing it to reject the clang compiled files).

Thanks

JB