[Llvm-bgq-discuss] clang-4.0: error: unknown argument: '-qlanglvl=extended0x'

Phil Miller unmobile at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:26:50 CST 2018

Hi Jozsef,

That's an xlc flag to enable what c++11 support the bgq version had. I'm
going to guess it's being added by the build system of whatever software
you're compiling, thinking that it sees compilation on bgq and so needs to
add it.

That software should probably evolve to test which compiler it's facing,
and appt the flag accordingly.

Meanwhile, it would probably be useful for bgclang to know that flag and
interpret it appropriately (enable c++11 support if it isn't already active)

Phil