[surveyor-notify] ALCF @ SC11

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Nov 3 10:06:47 CDT 2011

Argonne National Laboratory celebrates 20 years at SC! As a founding and active member of the HPC community, we proudly bring our computer and computational science expertise and enthusiasm for research to the SC11 conference in Seattle. Check out and share our event on Facebook.

In addition to a variety of demos, posters, and on-hand experts, we’re pleased to provide an excellent speaker program in our Argonne exhibiton on November 14-17. On opening night, James Sexton, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, will discuss Industrial HPC in the Exascale Era. Additional presentations by:

Advancing the Materials Science of Concrete with Supercomputers
William George
Concrete is the most widely used building material in the world and is integral to our nation’s infrastructure. In this presentation William George, describe our research employing large-scale simulations to advance the material and measurement science of concrete.
more details >

Gordon Bell Nominated
A new computational paradigm in multiscale simulations: Application to brain blood flow
Leopold Grinberg
Interfacing atomistic-based with continuum-based simulation codes is now required in many multiscale physical and biological systems. We present the computational advances that have enabled the first multiscale simulation on 190,740 processors (of CRAY XT5) and on (131,072 processors of Blue Gene/P) by coupling a high-order (spectral element) Navier-Stokes solver with a stochastic (coarse-grained) Molecular Dynamics solver based on Dissipative Particle Dynamics (DPD).
more details >

Debugging applications at scale on the Argonne Blue Gene systems
David Lecomber
Allinea DDT is a graphical parallel debugger and is the first tool able to debug applications at Petascale in production. In this talk, David will explore the challenges particular to the IBM Blue Gene systems, the results of a partnership to bring scalable debugging to this platform, and how this helps developers of scalable applications.
more details >

Argonne Booth @ SC11

Argonne researchers are developing powerful tools and technologies that will advance the state of the art in extreme-scale computing. The Argonne exhibit showcases work in numerical libraries, parallel tools, collaborative tools, visualization, Grid software, and various applications.

For a complete line-up of all Argonne activities at SC11, visit sc11.anl.gov or stop by the Argonne booth, #502, on the show floor.

Not attending SC11 this year? No problem. Please contact supercomputing at anl.gov for more information or to schedule an interview.