[intrepid-notify] Intrepid /gpfs1 unavailable

Andrew Cherry acherry at alcf.anl.gov
Sat Aug 9 01:47:17 CDT 2008

We are encountering problems with /gpfs1 on Intrepid.  We have not yet
identified the cause and are still working the issue, but it may not
be resolved until the morning.  Please avoid submitting any jobs that
use /gpfs1 until the issue is resolved.  In the interim, we recommend
you use your home directory for job runs.

I have held any jobs that appear to use /gpfs1, but you may want to
check yours and ensure I didn't miss one -- I could only identify
those jobs that have a working directory, command, or command-line
arguments containing the string "/gpfs1".  If you have a job that has /
gpfs1 hardcoded somewhere in the code itself, I will likely have
missed it.  In that case, we would recommend that you hold your job
using "qhold <jobid>" until the issues have been resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Andrew Cherry
ALCF Support