[intrepid-notify] Partial outage on Intrepid production

Andrew Cherry acherry at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 13 13:33:14 CDT 2008

Early this morning, rack R05 on Intrepid powered off due to an
electrical failure.  Unfortunately, since this rack contains the
tertiary clock for our production row (row 0), this brings down half
of the row (racks R04-R07).   We have moved all row 0 reservations to
racks R00-R03 and disabled queueing on R04-R07.  In order to make up
for the lost capacity, we have temporarily added the production queues
to R10-R13 until Monday, at which point we will consider our other
options.

At this time, we do not have an ETA for full recovery of row 0, since
an electrical inspection and evaluation will need to be performed.

Thanks for your patience.

Andrew Cherry
ALCF Support